- Greater awareness of scams and how to identify them
- What to do if you have been scammed
- The importance of reporting scams and where to get help and support
- To maintain the £20 uplift to Universal Credit and make this permanent
- To give adequate financial support at the beginning of a claim and.
reduction in wait for payment.
- Deductions should be manageable.
- Should provide enough money to live on.
- Greater flexibility in how it is paid and income is assessed.
Loyalty penalty – Regulators to take stronger action and government to legislate to increase regulators’ powers.
Smart meters – Deadline for installation to be extended to 2023.
Both National and Local Citizens Advice calls for evidence of:
- Back payment of underpaid ESA premiums (National Citizens Advice).
- Incorrect / incomplete advice on what triggers a move to Universal Credit (National Citizens Advice).
- Brexit – settled or unsettled status (Citizens Advice Surrey Heath).
- Universal Credit sanctions (Citizens Advice Surrey Heath).