Citizens Advice Surrey Heath offers various services beyond our normal advice sessions. Here is a brief list of the other support we can offer you:
- Healthwatch: You can give feedback on any experiences you’ve had with healthcare providers during any contact with us, which we will pass on. Read more…
- ‘Help to Claim’: We can support you with applications for Universal Credit. Read more…
- Debt Casework: We can help you better manage your debts and negotiate a realistic repayment plan, where appropriate, or advise you on the best course of action.
- Energy Advice Appointments: We offer tailored advice to help you get the best energy deal for your money. Read more…
- Emergency domestic abuse orders by phone: If you are experiencing domestic violence then you may be able to use our phone to apply for an emergency order from a judge, who you will be able to speak to directly – note that an advisor will need to check that you meet the legal requirements first.
- Dedicated form-filling appointments for disability benefits: We can offer specialist appointments to support you with filling out the application form for several disability-related benefits – note that you will need to see an advisor first.
- Social Prescribing: Social prescribing is a free service that aims to connect people to community services. It is
particularly targeted at the socially isolated and individuals with complex physical and
emotional needs. You can find more detailed information on the scheme here.
- Food Bank referral: In extreme situations where you are struggling to feed yourself or your family we are able to provide referrals to BESOM, a local food bank and access to emergency grants– note that you will need to speak to an advisor first.
- Home visits: For those who, due to health issues, age, mobility or caring responsibilities are unable to visit our premises or access advice online.